Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lunch


I didn’t really cook anything today because I spent the day in a Customer Service seminar at my church.  In order to volunteer, everyone must complete this class before they are eligible to serve.   Yesterday's email reminder said, “Lunch will be provided.”  At this point in my life, that statement always makes me feel a bit uneasy, especially when attending an all day meetings.  Thoughts of cold sandwiches and chips filled my head as I brushed my teeth this morning.  Not willing to compromise on my regimen, I packed a lunch and this is what I made.   
Greek chicken salad, dried fruit and nuts and Mary’s Gone Crackers an organic, gluten, dairy and wheat free cracker that is delicious!
For those of you who may be dieting or are on a special food plan, I recommend packing a lunch.  Why leave the nourishment of yourself to someone else if you are unsure of what you will get? It takes a few minutes out of the morning but I assure you it will be time well spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment