Saturday, April 6, 2013

Quinoa Cakes


It has been a busy week.  Country clubs are starting to reopen and I spent a lot of time on the road.  Typically, I will prepare food on Sunday so that I have something at least partially ready when I get home.  I made quinoa to have with roasted chicken this week but forgot about it.  So today, I’m going to make quinoa cakes with it for dinner. The addition of chickpea flour, cumin and coriander gives them a pleasant Mediterranean flavor.  Chickpea flour is an excellent source of fiber and protein. This just needs a salad and you have a complete meal. Try it out.
Follow the basic recipe for Quinoa as indicated in the February 9, 2013

Quinoa Cakes

Ingredients
Basic Quinoa recipe 
½ cup chickpea flour
1 cup frozen, thawed spinach
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a bowl

When mixture is well combined, use a 2” biscuit cutter to form cakes

Sear in a small amount of olive oil until brown on each side
Finish in a 350F oven for about 15 minutes


Serve with a salad


No comments:

Post a Comment